Please be advised that due to concerns about the COVID-19 Virus, our Library and Museum will be closed. If you have concerns or questions, please contact the Library at email@example.com or the Museum at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check back for updates.
Library – Tues. 6-9pm, Wed. through Fri. 12-4pm
Museum – Wed. through Fri. 1-4pm
First Saturday of each month: Library 10am – 3pm, Museum 12-4pm
Last Sunday of each month: Library and Museum 2-5pm
Since 1903, the mission of the Gloucester County Historical Society has been to collect, preserve, and share the history of the Southern New Jersey area. The GCHS Research Library is home to one of the largest genealogical collections in Southern New Jersey. Our collection of newspapers, manuscripts, photographs, deeds, maps, and miscellaneous family papers makes it easy to research your town, home, or family. We have also created an extensive collection of objects housed and displayed at the Hunter-Lawrence-Jessup House Museum including military artifacts, textiles, furniture, glass, toys, trains, kitchen utensils, tools, portraiture, and much more.
- Tuesday evening, 6pm-9pm
- Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 12pm-4pm
- First Saturday of each month, 10am-3pm (No Saturday hours during June, July, August and September.)
- Last Sunday of each month, 2-5pm (No Sunday hours during May, June, July and August.)
- Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 1pm-4pm
- First Saturday of each month, 12pm-4pm (No Saturday hours during June, July, August and September.)
- Last Sunday of each month, 2-5pm (No Sunday hours during May, June, July and August.)Admission fee: $5.00 to visit both the Library and Museum (members are free)