Since 1903, the mission of the Gloucester County Historical Society has been to collect and preserve material pertaining to the Southern New Jersey area.
Our mission has helped us develop the GCHS Research Library (17 Hunter St.) as home to one of the largest genealogical collections in Southern New Jersey. Our collection of newspapers, manuscripts, photographs, deeds, maps, and miscellaneous family papers makes it easy to research your town, home, or family.
We have also created an extensive collection of objects housed and displayed at the Hunter-Lawrence-Jessup House Museum (58 N. Broad) including military artifacts, textiles, furniture, glass, toys, trains, kitchen utensils, tools, portraiture, and much more.
The Gloucester County Historical Society is a private, non-profit 501(c)3 organization and your donations and membership are welcome.
- Tuesday evening, 6pm-9pm
- Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 12pm-4pm
- Last Sunday of each month, (Sept. thru April), 2-5pm (No Sunday hours during May, June, July and August.)
- First Saturday of each month (Oct. thru May), 10am-3pm (No Saturday hours during June, July, August and September.)
- Admission fee: $5.00 non-members/members are free
SUMMER MUSEUM HOURS (April 30-Sept. 5) :
- Wednesday & Friday, 1pm-4pm
- Last Sunday of each month (Sept. thru April), 2pm-5pm (No Sunday hours during May, June, July and August.)
- Admission fees: Admission Fees: Non-members, $5.00; children ages 6-18, $1.00; members and children under age 6, free.
SALE! Only $10/each!
Order online by clicking the image above, or purchase in person at the Library or Museum.